Saturday, October 3, 2009

May 27, 2009

 

Dear God,

I seemed to have figured out how this thing works. I pray, and you respond to me in the most unpredictable and disguised ways. I love it, really. It makes me look forward to everyday and gives me a reason to ‘live’.

I confess that prior to this I was never really a Church person, nor was I a pious one. I admit, too, that I only discovered the gift and benefits of prayer when I was in deep trouble with my school. I thank you, for that.

Everything else is in place now. You are so Amazing, you truly have made me happier and content. And being content, is by far the greatest challenge I have ever surpassed. Thanks, you give me special gifts every single day.

Today

It was extra warm today. I did not want to come out and enjoy the sun, because It wasn’t enjoyable sweating my butt off like that. But I’m thankful, my family can afford an air conditioner, it was Cool.

Hmm, I wonder how many people out there survive the heat without their air conditioner? Perhaps people living by the beach make the most out of every day by laying on the sand, playing Frisbee with their pups, and roasting shrimps by the shore. How about those families living under the bridges? Oh, I consider them most lucky! They get all the shade they want and the disturbing rays do not penetrate through concrete at all!

All the while I thought today was going to be very warm, but then again, you gave us rain! It rained for about an hour, giving moisture to the sun-drenched rooftops and plants. Thanks.

I have had a fair share of the family’s banquet today. I am currently enjoying my favourite snack. Thanks.

The day is about to end, yet I am thrilled of what might happen tonight. I don’t know, perhaps my family will decide on leaving for vacation or someone leaves a really cute puppy outside our door. Or perhaps, my family wins the daily lottery, well, we don’t know.

I thank you for my day, Lord.

 

You’re awesome. :)

Amen